Friday, July 11, 2014

New Blog

As a girl addicted to watching dramas of all sorts, okay maybe several sorts, it seems logical to blog about this. After all it probably is the activity that takes up most of my time. I'll probably not get too deep into this blog as yet, considering how I have heaps of exams during the next 4 months, but once the HSC is over, I'll have more time to watch dramas and do other stuff.

So a bit about the sorts of dramas I watch... I watch Korean dramas, Hong Kong dramas, Taiwanese dramas on occasions, American dramas and Chinese dramas.

Born and raised in Sydney, I can most definitely understand English well, my Cantonese is fluent, considering I speak it often at home with my parents and after years of weekend Chinese school and watching Chinese shows, I can read and write Chinese characters (great when reading subtitles), as well as listen and speak Mandarin. What I'm trying to get at is that I have no trouble watching Hong Kong, Mainland Chinese and American dramas.

However I have to watch Korean dramas with English subtitles, which does mean that many things could be lost in translation and makes the drama-watching experience a little less authentic I suppose.

I'll post up the dramas I've seen over the years, which actually accumulates to be a considerable amount considering how long I've been watching.


No comments:

Post a Comment